Being a Good Personal Injury Client
If you are involved in an auto accident or other personal injury and have been injured, it is important that you do the following order to recover in order to properly document your injury. Furthermore, the law requires you to do what is necessary to improve your physical condition recover from your injuries. The law offices of personal injury attorney West Palm Beach, Stephen J. Press, as represented victims of automobile accidents and other personal injuries for four decades. We will represent you aggressively and with compassion ensuring the coordination of our office with your medical providers concerning your treatment and therapy. Being a good personal injury client requires you to follow the following steps:
- Do not miss appointments with your doctor.
Stay in touch with your doctor and be certain to maintain your appointments. If you have to cancel, notify the doctor with as much notice as possible. The words “no-show” on the doctor’s record sheet can be used against you at the time of settlement or trial.
- Attend physical therapy sessions as prescribed.
Your physician or hospital may prescribed therapy to facilitate recovery from your injury. Such therapy is helpful in many types of injuries clinic strains, sprains and other so-called “soft tissue” injuries. Physical therapy is prescribed, be sure to keep your appointments and participate actively in the process. Again, if you have to cancel appointment, be sure to call, try to avoid cancellation as much as possible.
- Do what you doctor tells you to do.
If your physician prescribes certain medications, therapy exercises, or limitations on activities, be sure to follow your doctor’s orders. Failure to follow your doctor’s advice can be used against you, it’s so in the case, work used against you in court if you claim proceeds to litigation.
- Follow your doctor’s advice respect to work and leisure activities.
If your physician advises you to rest, stay home from work, or avoid certain activities, it is important that you follow such advice. If you resist your doctor’s advice and do activities that have been limited, it will not only provide a speedy recovery, but could also affect the legal aspects of your case. Even though staying out of work they have impact financially, it is important that you follow such advice so that your recovery will be enhanced. Your attorney will attempt to recover lost earnings.
Your attorney will discuss the payment of your medical bills in detail with you however, generally speaking, your medical bills may be paid by one of the following methods:
- Your own health insurance from your employment benefits package.
- Your own health insurance that you may have paid for personally
- Personal injury protection or medical payments coverage from your own automobile insurance policy if you were driving new automobile involved in an automobile collision.
- Medical payments insurance coverage from the person you were riding with if you were a passenger in an automobile that has automobile insurance coverage.
- The liability insurance coverage for the person, persons of company culture injuries. Such insurance coverage will most likely be paid at the time of settlement rather than during the period that you incur such medical bills.
If there is no insurance coverage, the law offices of personal injury attorney West Palm Beach, Stephen J. Press, will make arrangements with your medical providers to pay your bills at a later date when and if your case settles. It is important that you say your bills and provide them to your attorney. It is very important that you keep your attorney informed at all times who your medical providers are. It is important that you keep track of all of your medical bills and make sure that your attorney obtains medical bills reach visit your doctor, hospital, physical therapist or medical facility.Contact a Personal Injury Attorney West Palm Beach
If you have been involved in an automobile crash, it is important to seek immediate medical help, as well as consult with an experienced personal injury attorney. The law offices of personal injury attorney West Palm Beach, Stephen J. Press, offer a free evaluation of your case. Please call us at 561-833-2772 or contact us online.